If you open it, close it.
If you turn it on, turn it off.
If you unlock it, lock it up.
If you break it, admit it.
If you can’t fix it, call in someone who can.
If you borrow it, return it.
If you value it, take care of it.
If you make a mess, clean it up.
If you move it, put it back.
If it belongs to someone else and you want to use, get permission.
If you don’t know how to operate it, leave it alone.
If it’s none of your business, don’t ask questions.
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
If it will brighten someone’s day, say it.
If it will tarnish someone’s reputation, keep it to yourself.
Thank you to all my new followers for stopping by and engaging with me. I appreciate you so very much! 🙂
I am so close to my 1000 followers milestone now too. Thank you all and god bless.
As many of you know, I do not write much and share posts instead to help motivate you.
This post is so you can all get an inside look at myself and what I am about, please read and hopefully we have something in common…
- What is your middle name? Anthony, I know initials are SAD!!! Ha
- What was favourite subject at school? I loved History and P.E – Still have a passion or history and I often workout to keep myself as fit as I can be.
- What is your favourite drink? I LOVE tea and drink so much mineral water it gets out of hand. Occasional Red Wine always helps!
- What is your favourite song at the moment? Love all things Ed Sheeran at the moment like so many others! And most teenage girls…ha!
- What is your favourite food? Steak and Rice is a fave for me. I also love experimenting with Italian dishes.
- What is the last thing you bought? Wireless Earphones
- Favourite Colour? Green- Love country scenes and green landscapes
- Do you have any pets? 2 dogs – So cute and will be sharing images soon.
- Favourite animal? Lion – I love the strength and survival instincts of a Lion
- Favourite Holiday? Cape Verde in July coming… ha!
- Are you married? Nope! Never been and no kiddies…yet!!
- Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times? Lots of times to many places. Please ask?
- Do you speak any other language? I do yes. Spanish and Hungarian and learning mandarin – Trying mind! So, tough…
- How many siblings do you have? I am the oldest of 5.
- What is your favourite shop? Zara.
- Favourite restaurant? Simpsons – Birmingham!
- When was the last time you cried? Can’t remember although I am emotional at times…
- Favourite Movie? Wall Street, Law Abiding Citizen, Shawshank Redemption, Boiler Room, Glengarry Glenross, The Pursuit of Happyness and so many more…
- Favourite TV shows? Big Bang Theory, Only Fools and Horses, The Office, Suits, Pretty Little Liars haha!
- PC or Mac? PC
- What phone do you have? IPhone 6 Plus S
- How tall are you? 5; 11
- Can you cook? YES – want to try some?
This was fun and I hope it helped you get an insight into me, please let me know if we have anything in common?
And old story tells that one day, a countryman knocked hard on a monastery door. When the monk tending the gates opened up, he was given a magnificent bunch of grapes.
– Brother, these are the finest my vineyard has produced. I’ve come to bear them as a gift.
– Thank you! I will take them to the Abbot immediately, he’ll be delighted with this offering.
– No! I brought them for you. For whenever I knock on the door, it is you opens it. When I needed help because the crop was destroyed by drought, you gave me a piece of bread and a cup of wine every day.
The monk held the grapes and spent the entire morning admiring it. And decided to deliver the gift to the Abbot, who had always encouraged him with words of wisdom.
The Abbot was very pleased with the grapes, but he recalled that there was a sick brother in the monastery, and thought:
“I’ll give him the grapes. Who knows, they may bring some joy to his life.”
And that is what he did. But the grapes didn’t stay in the sick monk’s room for long, for he reflected:
“The cook has looked after me for so long, feeding me only the best meals. I’m sure he will enjoy these.”
The cook was amazed at the beauty of the grapes. So perfect that no one would appreciate them more than the sexton; many at the monastery considered him a holy man, he would be best qualified to value this marvel of nature.
The sexton, in turn, gave the grapes as a gift to the youngest novice, that he might understand that the work of God is in the smallest details of Creation. When the novice received them, he remembered the first time he came to the monastery, and of the person who had opened the gates for him; it was that gesture which allowed him to be among this community of people who knew how to value the wonders of life.
And so, just before nightfall, he took the grapes to the monk at the gates.
– Eat and enjoy them – he said. – For you spend most of your time alone here, and these grapes will make you very happy.
The monk understood that the gift had been truly destined for him, and relished each of the grapes, before falling into a pleasant sleep.
Thus the circle was closed; the circle of happiness and joy, which always shines brightly around generous people.
I want to say thank you to all of my followers.
It has now been 1 month since I started my blog and I have got nearly 400 followers and over 2,000 views. I am VERY happy with the feedback you have all been giving me, which has encouraged me to upgrade and own my own domain inspirationalsteve.com
If you have anything you want to share on my blog, please let me know?
I am VERY grateful to you all and thank you again.
Keep reading. Keep winning.